Dedicated Maryland Attorney Handles the Needs of Elderly Clients
Former nurse assists with senior care and estate planning issues
Meeting the legal needs of elderly Americans and their families has become an increasingly complicated process. At Bonnie A. Winders, LLC in Hagerstown, my unique professional background helps me find creative solutions to the most difficult challenges. With more than 20 years of legal experience and 14 years as a nurse, I provide practical advice regarding medical and legal issues that affect older Maryland residents. No matter how complex your legal matter is, I never forget my responsibility to ease the emotional burden you face.
Experienced Hagerstown lawyer assists older community members
Since 2004, my firm has guided clients to successful results by delivering legal advice that is:
- Effective — I know how to cut through red tape to protect the physical and financial well-being of seniors. As a former nurse, I can identify and solve problems that other attorneys may not understand or may overlook.
- Responsive — In every matter that I handle, my clients receive individualized attention and counsel that is tailored to their situation and values. You will always have someone to answer your questions and offer customized solutions.
- Caring — My goal is to provide exceptional representation in a compassionate manner. When circumstances force you to remain at home or in a nursing home, I am happy to come to you.
My firm creates sound strategies to meet the current and future needs of older people throughout Washington, Frederick, and Allegany counties.
Trustworthy Washington County advocate provides detailed elder law advice
Throughout Western Maryland, my firm advises clients on legal matters that involve:
- Elder law — I handle all types of elder law issues, including medical coverage, transition to assisted living or nursing home care, Medicaid eligibility, asset protection planning, and allegations of abuse.
- Estate planning — My firm creates estate planning instruments, including wills and trusts, to safeguard your assets so that you can leave a legacy for family members. My firm will also draft a power of attorney document and advance medical directive that is specific to your needs.
- Medical malpractice — Unlike most lawyers, I have the professional training to detect instances of medical malpractice. If you suspect that a doctor, nurse, or other care provider breached their duty, I will conduct a thorough review to see if a legal claim exists.
- Guardianships and conservatorships — To protect people who need assistance with legal or financial matters, my firm prepares guardianships and conservatorships so that important decisions are left in good hands.
- Medicare and Medicaid — For most older Americans, Medicare and Medicaid provide essential and affordable healthcare coverage. Unfortunately, dealing with the appropriate authorities can be extremely difficult, and costly if asset protection strategies are not utilized. My firm will handle this process for you and will work with you to develop an asset protection strategy that will best enable you to protect your financial assets. If you need assistance in this area, contact me immediately.
Aging presents many challenges, but legal difficulties shouldn’t be one of them. My firm simplifies complicated issues so that you can spend as much time as possible doing the things you enjoy.
Contact a knowledgeable Maryland attorney to schedule a meeting
Bonnie A. Winders, LLC represents Maryland clients in a full range of elder law and estate planning matters, serving individuals and families in Washington, Frederick, and Allegany counties. Please call 240-329-3109 or contact me online to schedule an appointment. If you can’t come to my Hagerstown office, I can come to your home or care facility.